Saturday, May 2, 2009

Fin de l'ycee

C'est tout!

Bien... Pas vraiment...

Mais je sais que le temps est pres du fin.

Desolee, j'ecoutais de la musique francaise.

The bottom of my feet feel as if those weird blood-sucking creatures, not slugs... leeches, would suck at my sore patch every time I contact a piece of ground. As if they were all thriving just bellow the surface, mouths open wide, in abeyance for my vulnerable creep through my house. Heels higher than 3 1/2 inches should come with a disclaimer that describes the omnipotence of these little buggers after wearing them to two proms.

Two final proms, one single night.

The Foundry trumps all. Second lining the band out the door. Under twinkling stringed lights. Bellow sleek stone, somehow more comforting and receptive than a wooden linoleum dance floor.
More creative diversity there.
Fabrics, bodies, feet.
Soft chiffon around mine. Occasional cold spurts of spilt-drinks puddles (inevitable).
We had a place there, in that New Orleans night. Everyone has a place in New Orleans. Magnificent. Even a child having dinner about midnight at Emeril's, down the Street between St. Joseph's and Julia Street. Soft, warm air from a vent blows through glass-strewn streets and parking tickets.
To forget the little imperfections would to forget the unique blend, the reality and mysticism of a warm, warm, shaken New Orleans night.

Don't we always have to have some sort of burden hanging over our heads to make things real? Can complete bliss ever be 100% real? Can we accept that total surrender to the will of the universe? We desperately struggle to keep some kind of control, some sort of reservation, to prevent a surreal happiness from taking over our "controlled" little worlds.
So, for me,
Race me to the finish line. Pound my brain against a desk with a #2 pencil as a scutcher to keep it pinned there. Let my empty skull knock around some others like a bowling ball against the pins on graduation day. Maybe I'll make a nice enough striking sound to appease the audience, or, at least, me and my loved ones. I take that back. They'll be overwhelmingly beaming just seeing me stand on the stage. It's between me and You, God. It always was, is, ever.

http://www.deezer.com/track/131237

No comments: